- What’s your philosophy on childcare and early childhood education?
- How can I tell that MMUMS is a good Montessori School?
- Are you licensed? Are you accredited? By whom?
- Is there a waitlist? How do I get my child on it?
As a Montessori school, we follow the Montessori Philosophy, Method, and Curriculum designed by Dr. Maria Montessori in the 19th century in Italy. The Montessori philosophy and method promote independence, concentration, child-led learning, self-awareness , environmental stewardship, empathy and care of others. Each classroom includes the areas of language, sensorial, mathematics, art, practical life, culture, geography, biology, zoology, and motor skills.
- What are your visitation policies in general?
- What are the ratios of students to teachers in each classroom?
- What is the education and training of your teachers?
- What do the students do after they finish their Kindergarten year?
Parents of children in the Nido Environment are welcomed to breast feed or bottle feed their children during the day. All parents are always invited to eat a meal with their children. Classroom teachers will work with parents on when is a good time to come for an observation or visit depending on the age of the child and the stage of enrollment transition. Parents are always encouraged to hang out with their child and his friends at pick up to get to know the MMUMS community.
- What is your vaccination policy?
- Do you transport children in a vehicle?
- What is your technology policy?
- Is there a waitlist?
MINE, ME, & US Montessori School requires that all children are current with their vaccinations according to the Center for Disease Control’s schedule. MINE, ME, & US Montessori School does not enroll children who are on a delayed vaccination schedule.